Globe valves are primarily employed to stop, start and regulate flow in a pipeline. These valves are available in several versions to meet the application requirements of varied industries. Amongst the several valves available for controlling flow, globe valves have gained much popularity due to their several advantageous including good shutoff capability, excellent throttling capability, minimal pressure loss, and longer life expectancy. Owing to these unmatched features, the usage of these valves are common in varied fluid handling operations across industries such as oil and gas, marine, energy, among several others.
7 Typical Applications of Globe Valves:Globe valves are largely chosen for regulating high-pressure liquid, steam, hydrocrackers, and catalytic reformers at extreme pressures, and temperatures. They are the most suitable choice for throttling fluid flows as well. Globe valves are typically used for the following applications.
- Cooling water systems.
- Fuel oil system.
- High-point vents and low-point drains.
- Feedwater, chemical feed, condenser air extraction, and extraction drain systems.
- Boiler vents and drains, main steam vents and drains, and heater drains.
- Turbine seals and drains.
- Turbine lube oil system and others.