The globe valves have a distinctly spherical shape encompassing several moving and stationary parts. Knowing the various parts of a globe valve can help a user to better understand how liquid flows and circulates around the equipment. A user can also maintain and inspect the unit better if he/she knows the parts. Taking this into consideration, the post lists the various components of a globe valve unit.
Understand the Parts of a Globe ValveThe parts of globe valve are enumerated and explained below.
- Body: The valve body is constructed from cast and forged steels, and is also provided with integrally cast bosses upon request.
- Bonnet: It is constructed using the same materials as the body.
- Yoke: This is made of cast carbon steel, and is connected to the body by clamping rings and bolts
- Stem: Constructed in stainless steel, this single piece non-rotating is connected to the disk using a bearing ring, a stem retainer, and a disc nut.
- Gland Bushing and Flange: Usually made of carbon steel, these are supplied in two separate self-aligning pieces.
- Seat Ring: It is a forged stainless steel construction welded to the body.
- Yoke Sleeve: Typically made of cast aluminum bronze, the yoke sleeve is also available in Ni-resist upon request. The assembly is designed in such a way to remove it from the bonnet or yoke while the valve is in service.
- Back Seat: The seat allows the valve to be repacked under pressure. This seat has threaded stainless steel construction.
- Handwheel: It is typically in a cast construction, which allows easy operation of the valve.
- Pressure Seal Gasket: The gasket is bordered on the upper and lower edges of the valve, and has stainless steel construction.
- Packing: It is composed of adequate number of preformed rings.
- Spacer Ring: It is usually made from steel and stainless steel and covers the upper part of the pressure seal gasket.
- Gasket Retainer: This component has four-piece construction, which supports the forces transmitted from the bonnet.
- Bonnet Retainer: Machined to match exactly with the body, the assembly helps withstand the forces transmitted by the bonnet screws.
- Yoke Clamp: The yoke clamp assures perfect body-yoke connection.
- Disk: Constructed of forged stainless steel, the disk is linked to stem.